Scheme of Examination:
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III)(Tier-I)
Tier-1:- Exam Syllabus-
|Part||Subject||No of Question /Maximum marks|
|1||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25/50|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25/50|
∗Time Duration:-60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes as per Para II 8.1 and 8.2)
1.English Language (Basic Knowledge)-
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks,
- Synonyms/Homonyms/ Antonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words
- Idioms & Phrases
- One-word substitution
- Improvement of sentences
- Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of sentences in a passage,
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage.
- It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.
- The test will include questions on SemanticAnalogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy.ssc
- Space Orientation, Semantic Classification.
- Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification.
- Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding.
- completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series.
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving.
- Emotional Intelligence, WordBuilding, Social Intelligence, Coding, and de-coding.
- Other subtopics, if any Numerical operations.
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular
Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2𝜃 + Cos2𝜃=1, etc.,
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
- Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its
14 applications to society.
- Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday
observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be
expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining
to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy, and scientific research.
Descriptive Paper (Tier-II):-
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in „Pen and Paper‟ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribes as per Para 8.1 and 8.2 above). The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III)(Tier-I):-
1.Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. The “Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer‟ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the 15 Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English
containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer. For the post of Data Entry Operator Grade “A‟ in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The ‘speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer‟ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
Typing test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:-
The medium of the Typing Test will be Hindi or English. The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either Hindi or English) in the online Application Form. The choice of Typing Test given by the candidate in the online Application Form shall be treated as final and no change in the medium of Typing Test will be entertained later.
Candidates opting for the English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for the Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.). 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour and about 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
SSC CHSL (10+2) Exam Syllabus-2020